B Engineering (Mining)
Don is a senior resources executive with over 37 years experience with BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto in a variety of leadership, technical, strategy, marketing and business development roles.
Don’s former roles at BHP include:
- Country Head and President of BHP Japan
- Country Head and President of BHP India
- Chief Development Officer – Aluminium
- Vice President Market Development
- Group General Manager, BHP Power
- Vice President and General Manager, Minerals Marketing
- Vice President Investor Relations (Asia and Australia)
- Manager of iron ore and coal marketing
Don was also a key member of the BHP Billiton merger and BHP Rio merger team.
Don has extensive experience across a diversified range of commodities including iron ore, coal and aluminium, and has deep networks across Asia, in particular, India and Japan.
Don is currently a Non-Executive Director of Coal of Queensland Pty Ltd, Energio (ASX Listed) and Lowell Capital.
Don graduated from Sydney University with a Bachelor of Engineering (Mining), and is a member of the Australian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy and the Australian Institute of Company Directors.